Kennel.com Forum  

Go Back   Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Questions & Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Brushing your dog's teeth

Considering brushing my dog's teeth - any advice?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Brushing your dog's teeth

Interestingly enough - there's always a debate on whether or not to brush your dog's teeth. Some say bones or meaty dog treats will help prevent build up of bacteria and plaque. However, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), it's recommended to brush your dog's teeth daily! If you're up to it - it certainly can't hurt. Get a toothbrush (sponge or pad) / paste (designed for dogs) from your pet store. Introduce it slowly and perhaps every few days initially - let you dog get used to it and try to make it a fun event. Good luck - you are doing your dog GOOD!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Brushing your dog's teeth

You'll definitely want to introduce to 'brushing teeth' to your dog slowly! Use a sponge or pad designed for cleaning the teeth and dip it in something your dog likes to eat (to get him used to this new thing). Just gently massage the gums and teeth - just a bit at a time until your dog is comfortable with it. You are surely doing your dog a great favor : )
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM
melindaregner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You'll definitely want to introduce to 'brushing teeth' to your dog slowly! Use a sponge or pad designed for cleaning the teeth and dip it in something your dog likes to eat (to get him used to this new thing). Just gently massage the gums and teeth - just a bit at a time until your dog is comfortable with it. You are surely doing your dog a great favor : )
Any product you know? or better if you can share some sites or places where can we buy these pads or sponge-like thing.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Tammie

Talking Brushing your dog's teeth

You can try a "finger toothbrush" (made for both dogs & cats) or dental wipes also made for pets. Others include disposable finger toothbrush gloves which are less bulky in a dog's mouth than the finger toothbrush. These items can be found at any pet store. You can also use a gauze pad or a cotton swab.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Kennel.com Member

I recommend you to use baby toothpaste. Mint strong toothpaste can injure the dog’s mouth and the dog might not like it. Using edible baby tooth paste is a great idea.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Question need advise for liitle dogs bad teeth and breath

Can any 1 help please need advise I re homed this miniature jack russel from some people hes 6 years old and they not looked after his teeth his teeth are very bad and I think its making his breath really bad its so bad u can smell it every where hes been even on your hands after u have touched him I have had to throw my duvet away because he is allways under there keeping n7ce and warn sleeping the smell so bad its like rotting fish its ridiculous its so tight on him cos he knows every one is going on about that smell cant I use out tooth paste poor thing cant even eat them bones that cleans dogs teeth its that bad poor thing.thank you for any advice.