Kennel.com Forum  

Go Back   Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Questions & Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Question Vizsla Breed - How Much Exercise Do They Need?

I know Vizslas need a lot of exercise, but can anyone tell me how much they need every day? Are Vizslas always so active?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Peter

Talking Vizslas & exercise

Vizslas needs A LOT of exercise -no getting around it. This doesn't mean you just take them for plenty of walks - this breed needs to run! And, since Vizslas are hunters, they can fetch literally for hours. On the other hand, as long as you sufficiently exercise your Vizsla, they really love to relax. This is a great breed - very affectionate (referred to as a 'velcro dog') loves to follow you everywhere and even loves to be comfy on your lap.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Question Vizslas - grooming & training

What about grooming and training Vizslas? Thanks for the info BTW!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Vizsla exercise

I run my two vizslas hard for 30 minutes, chasing a squeeker ball. They are docile the rest of the day. I do this EVERY day, rain or shine. After their dinner (while I am trying to watch the evening news) they go get their soft ball and make me throw it for them in the family room, a kind of "fetch" game. This lasts for about 20 minutes and then they are back "resting" for the evening.

Vizslas enjoy training exercises, and do very well with them. (Mine are AKC champions, have their obedience titles and their AKC Senior Hunter titles. Working on Master Hunter now.)

They normally take very little maintenance but we also brush their teeth every couple of days and clean out their ears about the same. Ours also get a brushing about the same interval. While these are not "necessary" they contribute to a happy, healthy dog. They love the attention during their brushing and come over to make sure they get it. They like to have their teeth brushed also.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Candy

Cool Vizslas grooming & training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What about grooming and training Vizslas? Thanks for the info BTW!
Vizslas are really easy to groom. All you need to do is run a dry cloth over their coat - and just a couple times a week is all. If you can keep this up, your Vizslas will only need a bath 4 to 5 times a year. Vizslas are a very clean breed (and there's NO doggie odor). These dogs lick themselves to keep clean - just like a cat!

Training Vizslas - yes, needs to be done and with an experienced trainer - one who trains slowly and carefully. The trainer needs to be very patient with this breed.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Vizslas needs lots of exercise but also love to relax.

Vizslas are not suited for city living since they need and thrive in large open (and secured) places. This breed does best with an active family or person - they'll fit right in as a member of the family! Personally I think this ia great breed - Vizslas are so beautiful, sleek and simply stunning!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
reza

Default city life

I disagree with regards to the city living if there are parks in the city. Most cities have parks.

Reza
Old 12-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Default stud service

I bought a pair brother and sister full blood Vizsla. Love them! Had him spayed so am looking for stud service for my female. She is gorgeous and true to standards for Vizsla's. Willing to give pick of litter or pay for stud service for a good looking male to breed with my girl (Ruby). She is not in season right now but should be soon. Contact me at elainestallings@yahoo.com Thanks and serious reply only. Elaine Stallings I live in Winters, Texas (south east of Abilene, Tx.)