Kennel.com Forum  

Go Back   Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Forum > Kennel.com Questions & Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Question Bit Pull 6 Months Old Without Any Education

Hello!
My Name is Michi and I'Äm from Austria/Europe.

I got to your homepage from a German Forum. Last saturday we "adopted" a 6 months old Pit Bull Boy from a divorce-drama. It's said that he has grown up with 3 cats and 3 kids. I believe the part with the kids, but with the cats? I don't think so....
As we took him, he has known nothing. Not a single command like sit or here, nothing. That works pretty good now. But only if we are alone und there is no other distraction. With the cats.....hmmm. Thats a bigger problem. He is very impetuous. I dont think he ants to do them any harm, but he is really wild and they are not afraid, they try to attack him.
Bur our biggest problem is biting in the leash. one moment he is very cool and his tempere is down but the next second he is really biting the leash. Every time he is doing that I say "NO". Very cold and hard but its for nothing! If i try to take the leash out of his mouth and put him away he really grabs after my hands and fingers. If I'm hard and he still tries to bite he is going angry.
I do really want to give him a chance! Please, if there are any advices......
Thx a lot
Michi